Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Little Rose Cupcakes


Some say love... it is a river... 

We sang "The Rose" by Bette Midler when I was in elementary school choir. Coincidentally, years later we also sang "Wind Beneath My Wings." Beaches is a sad movie. I haven't seen it in so long-- might be time to rent it again! I wonder if Rich would watch it with me?? Doubtful.

Now every time I make a fondant rose I think of the song "The Rose." 

Pictured here: dark chocolate Coco Cake cupcakes with vanilla buttercream, adorned with pink roses, bright green leaves and mini red hearts for a Valentines Day Brunch! Posing with the cupcakes is the Valentines day card I got for Rich, an ADORABLE letterpress card from Dutch Door Press!

4 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

how cute! these are really romantic. the small rose on top is adorable :)

gyoza*girl said...

very sweet and romanticky. cute lil roses. love the pics and the letterpress from DDP!!

apparentlyjessy said...

That song is so old school romantic. I sang it in choir when I was a teenager too. I think it goes perfect with your cute and romantic Valentines cupcakes.

The Food Librarian said...

Soooo cute! Love it!