Friday, February 27, 2009

Pink, Blue and Vintage Lamb Too









I have a mild to medium spending problem when it comes to vintage knick-knack items. Especially when the item is a ridiculously cute lamb vase given to baby newborns with fresh flowers in it, from the 1950s. I also have a medium to large adoration for the color combination of light pink and baby blue. Yes, it screams out "newborn baby!!", which is probs exactly why I like it because my sisters and I all have Baby Fever. 

Pictured here: Coco Cake Vanilla cupcakes in vintage-look cupcake liners (I LOVE these!) and matching buttercream hats, made for the very pregnant Rachel! The design office where she works has a betting pool going on whether or not her baby will be a B or a G. If I was pregs I would be soooo curious! Though, my husband Rich says he wouldn't like to know, because "when else would you get that kind of CRAZY surprise??" True dat, Rich, true dat. 

Best of luck Rachel, and Happy Motherhood!

10 comments:

junko said...

your cupcakes are too cute! I love the little dots standing on top!

Fin-ish Me Cupcakes said...

Lyndsey, I love your cupcakes they are soo beautiful and the cupcake liners r gorgeous!!!Wow its soo greastto be able to find such nice baking acessories in Vancouver! Thailand has such a limited supply.
p.s ur new blog is beautiful!

Coco Cake Land said...

thank you gals!!! to be honest i find most of my products online! it is very hard to find exactly what i want shopping locally!

confetti said...

These are great! I bet Rachel was very excited!!!

apparentlyjessy said...

Adorable cupcakes as always! I adore vintage things too and that lamb I would not be able to pass up either!

Danelle said...

I love the lamb! You make beautiful cupcakes! I am really digging the vintage vibes ;)

Heather Maxwell Hall said...

ohhh pretty cuppycakes! i'll definitely keep you in mind for our baby shower.

Pen Pen said...

OmG! I was cracking up about ur "spending problem"! My boyfriend recently "confiscated" my GAS credit card cuz I kept buying cake plates with it....I have a problem. He was like, "You're using money from our wedding fund!" ....He's right tho...I need a twelve step program or something.

Coco Cake Land said...

thank you all! pen pen, i feel your pain sister... i also have a problem with cake stands/pedestals...!!! gas credit card for cake plates?? where do you buy your gas? i must check it out... haha...

Annie said...

I have been looking for this fabulous vintage lamb! Love your cupcakes. Very cute, very inspirational. Can't wait to see more.
Annie - www.nofussfabulous.com