Thursday, October 8, 2009

White Chocolate Buttercream, Raspberry Jam, Vanilla Bean Cake




For my dear sis Shelley's birthday, I made this buttermilk vanilla bean triple layer cake, with raspberry jam filling and white chocolate buttercream, sprinkled with white chocolate shavings! I used my rich Callebaut white chocolate and used only egg whites in this cake for a very tender and extra-white crumb! Oh it was delicious.. the fragrant seeds from a whole vanilla bean and the smooth white chocolate buttercream! Shelley is the mommy to ridiculously adorable Kensie, pictured here!! Aiyeeee! So cute!

I totally loved how the cake flavours turned out, but I always think of white chocolate raspberry as a little bit 90's ?? But... I was still thinking of making this into a cupcake. Thoughts?

4 comments:

DollFace Delights said...

That sounds divine!!

ashley said...

anything with white chocolate is a great idea, yummy! would love to see your beautiful creation in cupcake form!

Jan Halvarson said...

sounds so delicious!

Cheryl Wray said...

Beautiful!!