Saturday, May 29, 2010

I Choo Choo Choose You










Party train, party train... Barb phoned me with a cute request: a choo choo train themed birthday cupcake cake for her adorable little grandson Parker's 1st birthday. When Barb showed up to pick it up, she loved it, which made old Coco Cake sole proprietor L.K.S. happy. This was my first attempt at a train made of cupcakes- the cupcakes are a mixture of chocolate and vanilla, and the engine and the caboose are both vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and fondant covering. My favourite part may well be the "wheels" made of cupcakes underneath the engine and caboose. Oh and the black "puff" of smoke coming out of the engine top, which was black colored fondant made to look like cloudy puffs attached to a wooden stick poking out the top.

Thanks for the great order Barb! and Happy Birthday Parker! :)

Til next time Cake World,

xo Lyndsay

5 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

how nice!

Lauren said...

Those are too cute! I visited Vancouver last summer and can't wait to go back... when I do, I'll be sure to get some cupcakes. Om nom nom.....

faithy said...

sooo cute!! i love your blog heading too! How apt! lol! you always come up with such creative designs for cupcakes and cakes!

Coco Cake Land said...

thanks natalie!

thanks lauren! :)

aww thanks faithy! i appreciate it :)

Britt said...

That is darling.