Saturday, June 26, 2010

Lovely Lime Cupcakes!






I experimented with making lime cupcakes the other day for my dad's sablefish BBQ Celebrate Life: Vancouver Edition party. I really didn't measure the amount of lime zest or juice, I just used up all the limes I had bought recently! The result was a very delightful lime cake, the lime really shone through! I paired it with vanilla creamcheese frosting (I haven't found one cupcake that doesn't work with this frosting thusfar!), dipped it in toasted coconut and topped it with a fresh raspberry.

Party guests gave it the thumbs up!

8 comments:

Walter Helena Photography said...

What a gorgeous blog you have created! Such creativity and yumminess :)

I'm having a fine art giveaway over at my blog if you might be interested in an 8 x 8 giclee original (by me):

http://walterhelenaphotography.blogspot.com/2010/06/whp-giveaway-three-of-twelve-flowers.html

xo, WHP

Alanna S. said...

Your photography is incredible. Cakes look great too, natch. Thanks for sharing.

Coco Cake Land said...

thanks WH.

thanks alana! i appreciate it! i'm a little obsessed with food photography. can't wait to buy another lens. :)

Chef Dennis Littley said...

I love those cupcakes...lime sounds like such a nice touch....and your images are gorgeous!!

faithy said...

Sounds and looks delicious!

Coco Cake Land said...

thanks chef dennis! thanks for visiting my blog!

thanks faithy !! :)

Crissy said...

Lime and coconut ... oh my! Sounds FAB! :D

BohoGirlBoss said...

Can i have the recipe please. its looks yummalicious.