Sunday, April 7, 2013

t.y.p.o.g.r.a.p.h.y. cupcakes!





Cupcakes I made for my friend Lori's design class! Dark chocolate with vanilla buttercream swirls and my favourite round rainbow sprinkles. Did you know this type of sprinkles has a specific name - nonpareils, or hundreds and thousands, or "jimmies"...! Sprinkles are kind of like the cutest invention ever. They really do add a party-time vibe to cakes and cupcakes... is it because it's similar to confetti? Or do I imagine a wizard throwing a magic dash of tiny rainbow bits and casting a party animal spell... ?

^__^

3 comments:

Sarah Wolfman-Robichaud said...

Yay for jimmies! As a born and raised Massachusetts girl, I can't bring myself to call them anything but that! Thanks for acknowledging the jimmies, m'lady!

Coco Cake Land said...

Aww! Sarah I didn't know you were from Massachusetts!

I love the regionality of sprinkles names...! :)

Anonymous said...

These Cupcakes look sooo delicious!
Aw :* You seem to have real fun eating them!!
I love your blog!