Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Whale Of A Cake: A Birthday Cake for James!


From James's mama Lisa:

"His most favourite thing is... orca whales! It is ridiculous how obsessed he is! I'm not sure exactly where this came from but he is cray for orcas! Blue balloons - when I asked him what he wanted for his birthday he told me a blue balloon! Adorbs." 

The guy is turning three years old. He is the cutest little munchkin with a truly sweet disposition and he likes to run around at top speed. 


Blue balloons and orca whales? Coco Cake can do that for ya, James! I made the orca whale out of rice krispie treats covered in fondant. 

Love how that nutty whale is waddling around on a big old pile of pretty blue vanilla buttercream.


Lisa tells me to watch out - Teddy's gonna be a running around nut, too!

Happy birthday, beautiful little guy! I love how he's happily holding his ballooons!

Thanks Lisa and Shawn for the fun order!

xo Lyndsay

10 comments:

melly said...

In love.

chaoslady said...

WOW! a wonderful idea: whale on the cake and blue balloons! I like it very much.

emily.marie said...

Super cute! I too love Orcas & you did an awesome job on this guy!

Coco Cake Land said...

@melly - thank you so much!

@chaoslady - ha - thanks ! ^__^

@emily.marie: aww, thanks! :)

Katerine said...

Absolutely love this cake. what did you use to get the icing looking like that?

Rocky said...

Wew! Very awesome creation of cake!

Coco Cake Land said...

@katerine, thanks so much!

i used an icing tip, open star tip - Wilton 4B is the one! :)

@rocky, thanks!

SweetThingsTO said...

Where have I been - look at all your latest posts! I must catch up! Adorable cake!!! You are so crafty, creative and fun!

Coco Cake Land said...

awww!thank you so much! always so nice to hear from you, Juanita! hoping you and the family are well! ^__^

BouDu said...

It's just amazin and gorgeous, i love your blog and your work from... Paris ! Can't wait to read you again.