I got 99 problems and a cookie is one.
Guys, does anyone else have major devouring issues when it comes to peanut butter and chocolate as a combination? A few weeks ago I was craving PB+C so bad that I put one spoon of peanut butter in my mouth, crammed in some chocolate chips and then jammed in some graham cracker crumbs. Brutal. And I wonder why my muffin top won't budge. It's more of a cookie top at this point. If you've got the craving and you have 20 minutes, you'll be able to slam these puppies together rather quickly. Plus, I used spelt flour to pretend it's healthier, so you've got that on your side, too.
PEANUT BUTTER MILK CHOCOLATE COOKIES WITH MALDON SEA SALT
You Will Need:
1 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup of unsalted smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup golden brown sugar, firmly packed
1 egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
11/4 cups of spelt flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
2 cups of good quality milk chocolate pieces - save some pieces to decorate the tops of your cookies. I used Lindt milk chocolate.
a few tiny flakes of Maldon sea salt for the tops of each cookie
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper.
1. In a stand mixer or using handheld beaters, cream together the butter, peanut butter and sugars on high until light and fluffy.
2. Scrape down the bowl. On low speed, add the egg and the pure vanilla extract. Mix until incorporated.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
4. With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients to the butter/peanut butter mixture until a dough forms. Mix to combine.
5. Add milk chocolate pieces. Mix on low to combine.
6. Using a small ice cream scoop or your clean hands, scoop out 1 1/2 inch balls of dough evenly spaced on your parchment paper lined baking sheets.
7. Press a piece of milk chocolate onto the top of each cookie.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 11-13 minutes, turning pans halfway to ensure even baking.
9. When the cookies are out of the oven, add a few Maldon sea salt flakes to the top of each cookie.
Now load up a plate and I'll meet you on the couch for snack and relaxation time!