Thursday, January 23, 2014

And A Cool Time Was Had By All: My Cake Toppers Workshop!


Hooray! The amazing Erin of Collage Collage invited me to teach a cake toppers workshop as part of their Adult Craft Night series. I had to come up with some cute ideas to teach the attendees. I had a horse ribbon inspired cake topper in mind, and I wanted to do something with alphabet pasta letters, inspired by a super cute DIY I had seen on Oh Happy Day a few years back. I had mentally thought about (ok, let's say mind-spiraled) what I would make for weeks and then on the day of the workshop, I sat down and worked out what the projects would be, making them beforehand so I could do a cooking-show-style "voila!" reveal!

I was pretty stoked with what I ended up coming up with - these guys - Treat Yo Self alphabet pasta letter banner and You Rascal horse ribbon cake topper!


I baked up some chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream and sprinkles for the workshop attendees, both to snack on while they worked and each attendee got to take one home in a cute little box, too!

What a cute bunch of crafty  ladies indeed (and a quite adorable helper, Erin G!) Adult Craft Night is such a fun way to blast away for a few hours and use your hands to create something cool. A nice break from computery internet-overload times, I would say! I want to sign up for the next one!



Can you spot Coco Cake Land in this pic? Yeah. The nerdball holding up a cake banner topper! I sure had a great time!
And take a look at these great projects my ladies made! Pretty sweet. I feel excited that all of those future birthday cakes will be dolled up by some very cute hand crafted cake toppers. Thanks again Erin for inviting me, and many thanks to my new cake pals who attended the workshop! Looking forward to doing another one in the future.

xo Lyndsay

3 comments:

Jan Halvarson said...

Sorry I missed this, looks like some nice toppers there!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chiara said...

These are so cute! I love them all. What a fun workshop!