Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Eeks! Pink Heart Mouse Cake + Spell Your Cupcakes Love


I think my brain is programmed to see shapes as potential animal face cakes. I guess animal face cakes are kind of my delightful little cakey obsession. Not a terrible thing to be obsessed with - better than crystal meth or eating slugs, right? So when I finally bought myself one of those heart shaped cake pans in preparation for some Valentines heart-caked DIY insanity, I immediately saw two giant mouse ears and BLAMMO this kind of adorable pink heart mouse cake came to mind. Check out the whole squeaky clean DIY over at Handmade Charlotte!  



Feeling too absurdly lazy to want to procure a heart shaped cake pan and do all of that jazzy mousey piping? Here's a super simple heart-day idea: spell out some cute and non creepy greeting with delicious little mini cupcakes. If the apple of your eye doesn't think this is the cutest display of niceness and let's-get-to-know-each-other romance ever, then you should run the other way because only crazy people don't like cake! Also: old marrieds like myself can get a little jolt of romance from this kind of thing too. Everyone wins!

Ideas of things you can spell with mini cupcakes: 

  1. YOU'RE MY LADY
  2. HOPE YOU LIKE MINI CUPCAKES
  3. HOW COOL AM I THAT I MADE YOU THIS NICE TREAT? LET'S GO OUT
  4. YOU'RE ATTRACTIVE TO ME
  5. HELLO, KITTY!
  6. RAOWR! (this is if you're feeling extra feisty)
  7. HI
  8. LOVE YOU TO THE CORNER STORE AND BACK x INFINITY 
  9. WE'VE BEEN MARRIED FOR 14 YEARS BUT YOU'RE STILL CUTE, BALD AND ALL
  10. MON PETIT CHERI 

I chose "hi" because it's pleasantly innocuous and it let's the ruffly minis do the talking, ya know? But feel free to go wild. 

xo Lyndsay 

4 comments:

chaoslady said...

Hi Lyndsay, I like your animal face cakes. they are great!

Jessica said...

You are so crazy talented! Cutest cake! All your work is amazing

Coco Cake Land said...

@chaoslady - haha... thank you so much! :) PS do you have a website or blog? would love to visit. let me know next time! :)

@jessica - aw thank you! really appreciate it!! xo

thimble said...

that mouse cake is so darn cute! and it is definitely not a bad obsesson!