Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hello Kitty, Hello Thirty Cake!






When my sisters and I were kids, we were SUPER OBSESSED with SANRIO! Do you know Sanrio? It's the home of Hello Kitty, Little Twin Stars, Tuxedo Sam (my fave) and My Melody. Basically super kawaii before-kawaii-existed characters. Hello Kitty plastic dishes, spoons, stuffed Hello Kitty, stickers galore, little mini purses, fruit scented Hello Kitty erasers... and my coolest Sanrio toy ever: my Tuxedo Sam bath plushie, which CHANGED COLOR in warm water!

A super fun request from Lenny for his wife Erin-- a Hello Kitty themed 30th birthday cake, with 30 accompanying cupcakes. This made Coco Cake sole proprietor L.K.Sung very happy-- crazy orders are so fun! The cake was dark chocolate, with raspberry filling and vanilla buttercream, covered in fondant, with fondant Hello Kitty and satin ribbon. The cake and cupcakes were met with rave reviews, yay!

Happy Happy "Hello Thirty" Birthday Erin!! Hope you have a tremendous year full of good times!

xo

9 comments:

The Food Librarian said...

I've been going to the Hello Kitty Sanrio store since I was little! Kawaii!! What an adorable cake!

Coco Cake Land said...

thank you!! i got all nostalgic for sanrio when i was making this! :)

Anonymous said...

I love Hello Kitty. I have a bag of her on it. I love your cake and cupcakes. They look great! x

gyoza*girl said...

Hello Kitty, You're So Pretty...I think those were some of the lyrics to a H.K. theme song! haha. I LOVE Hello Kitty!!!!!!!! My Melody, Little Twin Stars and Tuxedo Sam were my faves too. More recent Sanrio character faves were Bad Batz Maru, Kero Kero Keropi and Poccacho (sp?). Lucky girl who got this cake for her 30th bday! :) Nice work Coco Cake Cupcakes!

Coco Cake Land said...

tuxedo sam never got any real props. hello kitty shone the brightest, obviously, being the flagship character and all! where are little twin stars these days?? my melody still gets some love, but little twin stars??? i think people prefer the animal characters...! :)

JustSandy said...

Oh my god....I almost fainted.
Excellent cake! I'm in the United States......do you deliver? lol

Unknown said...

Great cake! Here's mine. http://edelalon.com/blog/2009/08/hello-kitty-cake/

Mercedes said...

ABSOLUTELY adorable. I am thinking of baking the one for my kid this Christmas! A Santa Hello Kitty cake is a great idea, thanks for this!

Hello Kitty Checks said...

This cake is so cool and pretty. My niece is having her 12th birthday party and she will absolutely love it if I get her one of these!