Saturday, March 27, 2010

Bow Wow Wow Yippee Yo Yippee Yay - Bulldog Cake











Hello, Hunter the dog! How cute is this little bulldog named Hunter?? Elaine, who currently resides in the Yukon, wanted to surprise one of her best pals Veronika here in Vancouver with a very special Coco Cake... in the likeness of her beloved bulldog, Hunter the pup! Secret arrangements were made, pictures of Hunter were sent to me, and a little doggy cake was created. The cake was a dark chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream and chocolate ganache filling... Veronika, the birthday girl, is also the proprietor of the very lovely and clothes-covet-able Vancouver shop Lark!

Elaine is so awesome too as she has also been giving me running tips via email, helping me towards my goal of completing my first half-marathon (13.1 miles) here in Vancouver, in May! Hooray! Thanks for the great order Elaine, and for all the running advice!

til next time Coco Cake Land,

xo Lyndsay

18 comments:

cArLa said...

WOW! amazing, like always! (i was humming... snoop doggy, doooog!) such cute cake, really resembles the photo!

Coco Cake Land said...

haha... awesome, thanks carla...! :)

À LA GRAHAM said...

Just found your site...this is an AMAZING cake! Great job! Can't wait to go through your other posts!

Mrs. S said...

Want to share the running advice? I'll be running my first 1/2 marathon in July and I haven't run for the sake of running in about 7 years

Valérie said...

Awesome! great job.

Elaine said...

Thanks again, Lyndsay. You are a master. Barb, e-mail me if you want my (limited) advice. Or ask Lyndsay- she's doing great all on her own!

Coco Cake Land said...

barb, yes email elaine, she's the master!

thanks valerie!!

elaine... you can post that pic of veronika and the cake on my facebk fan page if you like! i couldn't see it in my email for some reason. xo

gyoza*girl said...

another cute dog cake!!!! :) woody sung look-alike?

Brandy L said...

OMG! Another adorable cake! I love the title of this post. When i saw it, i was thoroughly intrigued! :D Awesome job.

Darla said...

Hunter is adorable!
Amazing muffins, good job!

Coco Cake Land said...

hi sis! total woody sung look-alike!! (woody was our old family dog, he was a boxer...i miss woody!!)

thanks so much brandy!! :)

thanks darla!

Jennywenny said...

Too cute! Good luck with the marathon training! I really hate running, so I ride my bike instead!

Jan Halvarson said...

ok - i'm going to have to post about this.

the red bungalow said...

This is so adorable! Just found your site through a follower on my site and I'm really loving it! Thanks.

Bre @ http://theredbungalow.blogspot.com

Coco Cake Land said...

hi jenny!! thanks for the well wishes!!

jan, thanks so much~!!!

hi bre, thanks for the kind comment! :)

Rosemary said...

Could these be any cuter!?! Who wouldn't want to get one of these for their pup. So sweet!

Lia said...

how do you do all the beautiful things that you've made....I wanna cry just looking at how beautiful your cakes are!!! I wish you're here in Jakarta...oo how I wish :)

Coco Cake Land said...

rosemary, thank you so much!!

lia, don't cry!!! thank you for the sweet comment!! :)