Thursday, August 6, 2009

"Hi Baby Kensie!!"








"Hi Baby Kenshee!" this is what my nephew Brody says to my new niece Kensie, who turns 1 month old on August 7th! Last night my sister Shelley and her husband Gerald threw a celebratory 1 month party for her (it's a Chinese thing) and I made these adorable little cupcakes to match her ridiculously adorable strawberry dress Rich and I got her a few weeks ago!!

The cupcakes were a delightfully tender vanilla buttermilk cupcake with strawberry jam swirled throughout and filled with strawberry jam too, plus my mom made the strawberry jam! So it was a real family affair. I topped the cupcakes with a french swirl of pink vanilla buttercream, and handmade fondant flowers and leaves, all in shades of pink to match Kensie's dress!

Awww Baby Kensie!! You are such a little cutie!!! I think Kensie looks just like a mini Shelley, my sis!! I can't even believe she's 1 month already. I'm already plotting the cupcakes and cake I will make for her 1st birthday... :)

9 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

oh how cute! this time the cupcakes take second place for cuteness. Baby Kensie takes first :) However I really like how you decorated them .So nice!

Shelley said...

Lynds...WE LOVED the cupcakes you made for our baby girl...the PERFECT cupcake for baby Kensie, dressed in her strawberry shortcake dress that you and R.T. bought her! Thanks for making the cupcakes, the perfect dessert and topper to a fun evening! Xox!

Jan Halvarson said...

Oh my goodness! How precious! And such a pretty dress Auntie Lyndsay!!! Congrats to you and your family! She's adorable (and so are the cupcakes)!

Coco Cake Land said...

heehee!

--thanks natalie!

--shwillie, yay baby kensie!!

--thanks jan!! :)

gyoza*girl said...

KAWAIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!! so cute! both the cupcakes and baby kensie! and ooooh, those cupcakes tasted as sweet and delish as they look! thx lil sis. :) and happy one-month birthday kensie cutie!

apparentlyjessy said...

What a beautiful baby! I agree with Snooky, not even your cupcakes can beat her cuteness!

Coco Cake Land said...

thanks sis and jessy !! :)

Mini Baker said...

beautiful little baby and BEAUTIFUL little cupcakes!
I love your style... so simply and elegant!
Happy Baking,
Mini Baker

Coco Cake Land said...

thanks mini baker!!! :)