Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Announcing... Coco Cake Cupcakes the Sequel!


lovely array of cupcakes!!


literature + cupcakes


vanilla buttercream cupcakes, sprinkles

raspberry rose cupcakes



The beautiful and talented Jamie Anderson of Fort Design designed and created my super awesome and adorable new website and new logo!! I think I gave the words "vintagey, modern, not overly feminine, fun, a sense of art/craft, vintage children's aesthetic, clean, lots of white space, stripes. We looked at fonts together, sent me so many lovely options... man it was tough to choose. The girl came up with some total bonkers amazingness. I would recommend working with Jamie to anyone--I think she's super talented! I love how the brown logo above looks kind of like a cute little face to me, with the "boutique cupcakes" curving like an upside down rainbow, looking like a little special smile. Hee!

The new Coco Cake site photography is of course by the equally beautiful and incredible Amy Pelletier! We spent an afternoon at my house with a horde of my cupcakes and did a bunch of cute set-ups in my house full of vintage things... what fun!! Amy is not only an ad exec at a distinguished ad agency, but she is also a conceptual artist and commercial photographer! All of these lovely photos featured on this post are by her...

Thank you everyone for your continued support... looking forward to lots of good things, fun times, hard work of course, and cool moments happening in 2010!! xo

20 comments:

ricebabies said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty. Just tweeted.

gyoza*girl said...

amy and jamie (hey, that rhymes) are both so talented! you're a lucky ducky to have such creative friends. GO COCO CAKE GO! you know i LOVE LOVE the new site! :) xo

Jennywenny said...

Cool! Looks like you're set for great things in 2010! Beautiful work.

I BLEED PINK said...

Everything looks so amazing...so jealous!!

Coco Cake Land said...

Oooh thanks everyone!!! Totes appreciate it! xo

Anonymous said...

Love the vintage feel to the pics. The colors are coordinated oh so well. Love the new design as well. my tummy wants some of those yummies!


skippingskones.blogspot.com

seniorita polyester said...

Congratulations! I love the photos :)

Coco Cake Land said...

thank you kindly--
-- skipping stones, i heart vintage things... thanks for your kind comments!

-- thanks seniorita polyester! i am lucky one of my best friends in a professional photographer!

kate said...

O my, the mini cakes are just mouth watering. I'm a little bit hungry right now.

thea said...

oh oh oh oh oh these are sooooo GORGEOUS!!! LOVE!

thea.
xx


www.spoonfulzine.com

Coco Cake Land said...

hey thanks thea!

:)

cabin + cub said...

Love the new logo and site! Super cute!

ps. I have awarded your blog with the Happy 101 Award on my latest blog post, since your blog is so cute and makes me happy to read!
Have a great weekend! :)

http://cabinandcub.blogspot.com/2010/01/bloggy-awards-part-1.html

M.M.E. said...

Such a wonderful website! I love your blog. You are such an artist at your brownies. I can't wait to see what you create next.

Penny said...

Oh wow! The site looks amazing!!!

Coco Cake Land said...

ooooh thank you so much valerie! (cabin + cub)... a total honour... as i am a big fan of your work too... !

--thanks MME and penny!! :)

kit and nancy. said...

total cuteness!

Coco Cake Land said...

thanks so much laura! :)

Designvam said...

delightful work .., thank you for your inspiration, and all enjoy your meal!)

LillaLykke said...

Everything you make looks so amazing! What do you use to make the topping? Is it buttercream?

Coco Cake Land said...

thank you!!

yes, lilla, it is buttercream! :)