Friday, April 23, 2010

Pineapple Surprise

"pineapple" cupcake!




Okay. Bill Cosby was right. Kids say the DARNDEST things and I learn this every time I work with kids teaching them art. Kids are hilarious and they truly make me happy!! Weekends are extremely busy times over at old Coco Cake HQ, and sometimes I can't always accommodate requests due to time constraints... over the last year and half, I've learned how many orders I can faithfully do in one day that lives up to my design expectations. Anyhoo, Annette emailed me with a request for cupcakes for her 4 year old daughter's birthday party... my weekend was looking extremely hairy but I just couldn't say no... Her daughter wanted cupcakes that looked like PINEAPPLES, but were actually chocolate.

I couldn't say no. PINEAPPLES!! Not only was the request too cute to turn down, but it reminded me of my own wedding day... I requested a PINEAPPLE on the top of my wedding cake! Our wedding was "vintage Hawaiian" themed, and we ordered our wedding cake from Peter Fong of Ganache Patisserie here in Vancouver (before I knew how to bake...)! So I couldn't resist showing a picture of our cake and of us on our wedding day. Our photography was done by the incredibly talented Camille and Chadwick of Jonetsu!

Anyway. I love kids. They make my day over and over. And Kate was such a cutie when I delivered the cupcakes... Annette emailed me a few days later to say how much everyone loved them and they were a big hit.

Hooray!

xo Lyndsay

13 comments:

CityShopping said...

i wish you lived closer!! <3 <3

Britt said...

So clever, Coco! Love it!

:) Britt

cArLa said...

wow those pineapples look amazing! i looove your wedding cake and photo... what a sweet couple you are!

Hannah Haworth said...

wow so tropical! there is hail outside here in scotland, and these cupcakes make me forget :)

Coco Cake Land said...

CityShopping... come to vancouver! :)

thanks Britt!!

thanks so much Carla... :)

hi Hannah, thanks for visiting.. glad the cupcakes can do some service for you... !! :)

Hannah Haworth said...

Also, that cake and the two of you = awesome!

gyoza*girl said...

omgosh! cute pineapples!!! that's so adorable. pineapples remind me of your wedding and maui!! good times! :)

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog by cruising the internet... great stuff! You definitely rock!!!

Greetings from Germany
Copperhead

Coco Cake Land said...

aw thanks hannah!

thanks sis! MAUI! i want to go back so bad..

thanks copperhead, or danke schoen!!! :)

Miss. Tarrah Dame said...

these are adorable! i just made pineapple upside down cupcakes myself! ps: I love the colors of your blog! I try to use those colors a lot on mine too. cheers! :)
http://cuppycakebakes.blogspot.com

Coco Cake Land said...

tarrah, your pineapple upside down cupcakes look awesome!

thanks cookies and cups! :)

Brandy L said...

Those look so good! I love pineapples i'd eat those right away. :D

Una Fetta Di Paradiso said...

Wow, these cupcakes are wonderful!Color and taste surely good!
Valentina