Friday, September 26, 2008

Because They're Pretty And So Are You

I made these for my mom last Mother's Day... lemon cupcakes with creamcheese frosting and fresh raspberries, one of my fave cupcakes to make and eat! I am cupcake-obsessed currently because I am making cupcakes and a small cake for my dear pal Miko's upcoming Fall wedding! I've been working on making little fondant flowers, and yesterday in the pouring rain I drove out to Langley, BC to go to this crazy cake supply store"SCOOP AND SAVE." Do you know it? If not, it's got pretty much everything a cupcake and cake obsessed nut like myself would like. You kind of have to slog through some garish yucky colored Wilton-y megaproducts to get to the cute stuff, it's almost like slogging through a rack of clothes at Value Village to find that one perfectly tailored vintage dress, but on this trip I found some truly resplendent (!) vintage looking striped cupcake liners, and they have bulk non-pareils and dragees (silver party balls for decorating!) and all that jazz. I can't wait to post pics of the upcoming wedding cupcakes! I'm doing a trial-run this weekend. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Cakebrain said...

lindsay,
your blog is so cool! keep it up! I have heard of this place, but I'm not exactly inclined to go hoofin' it over to Langley yet. I'm a sucker for paying big bucks for the products that are sold in pretty bakeware/cookware stores.

Coco Cake Land said...

thanks cakebrain! yes, it's quite the long haul to langley... but a fun trip if you ever decide to do it! i suggest bringing a buddy or at least a killer CD or cassette tape!