Sunday, October 5, 2008

Gems Of Times Past


Glossy pink seven-minute frosting, those beloved maraschino cherry chunkers in festive red and emerald green floating in a chiffon cake. Plus: chocolate mega party decorated with what looks like brazil nuts or skinned almonds dotted with more chocolate? Eggggcellent...


"Just one, dear!" Oh, the lucky bride-to-be and her display of petit fours at her second wedding shower! The prim white gloves daintily lifting a marzipan and poured fondant greenie. "Why can't I be you?"


Happy Birthday to me. Happy Birthday to me. Happy Birthday pink cake, happy birthday to me! The fine and steady hands that made the pattern on this one deserves a trophy with a bronzed cake on top. Not to mention a head nod or two towards the appealing food photography.


Sue, you lucky dog! Your sister and mum made these mini poured fondant covered cakes just for you! Happy 40th Birthday!

3 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

You ve got really nice cakes here. :-) I already added you to my favourites Good job.

abigail @ Paper and Cake said...

love the retro cakes... reminds me of a book my mom has. i'm enjoying your blog, super cakes!

Coco Cake Land said...

thanks snooky-doodle and abigail!