Friday, April 24, 2009

Extra-Crafty Coco Cake Cupcakes!






I love arts and crafts! I especially love the beautiful wave of arts and crafts that has been happening in the world and especially buzzing around in our cool city of Vancouver-- amazing women and men making crazy cool stuff, tired of spending their dollars at the mall buying mass produced and crappily made things, and wanting to offer their beautiful handcrafted goods to others to buy and enjoy. Got Craft is part of the coolness, and I was happy to be hired by Matchbox Creative to create a thank-you gift of chocolate with vanilla buttercream specialty-designed Coco Cake cupcakes for the Got Craft peeps!

So what kind of crafty cute little cupcakes would I make for the Got Crafters themselves? I decided to roll with super bright primary-ish colors to signify that sense of do-anything attitude we all had as kids; also the colors that are the building blocks of so many other colors, colors that inspire us to create! Also, how much do I love scallops? Tons and tons! (Not really the seafood type scallops, which one out of every four times will give me HIVES). Scallops, bright colors and super cute cupcake liners... and also some handy craftiness by yours truly: party flags made from old maps.

So everyone out there: Support your local art scene, and artisan craft scene! Yay!


5 comments:

gyoza*girl said...

omg. small world. joto was using matchbox for their updated website! i LOVE the Got Craft cupcakes. cute scallops! not the hives kind!

Snooky doodle said...

nice cupcakes:) I adore crafts too.

Pearl said...

thank you for visiting my blog! yours is SO cute! wow those cupcakes are ah-do-rah-buhl!

and yes.. my jeans are doing the same thing! ha. maybe i should stop making all these nut butters! :)

Coco Cake Land said...

wheeee! thanks all! :)

apparentlyjessy said...

I am loving the primary colours and the scallops, and you know I adore your flags ;)