Friday, June 5, 2009

Golf 'N Stuff






When I was a kid I was OBSESSED with the movie The Karate Kid. Loved it, loved it. My dad dubbed it for me on VHS and I remember watching it over and over... I knew every line. Yep!! When I graduated from grade 7, my treat was going to see The Karate Kid Part II at Oakridge Mall with my mom and grandpa. You know when Daniel and Mr.Miyagi go to Okinawa? That's the one. And Daniel meets a hot Japanese lady and falls in love, but must battle her suitor to the death! I bought the collector's magazine from the movie. I guess I had a little crush on old Ralph Macchio, heh heh. In the first Karate Kid movie, "Golf N Stuff" is the teen amusement center that Daniel and Ali go to on their magical date... I really thought high school was going to be like that. Lester's Family Fun Center on Kingsway in Burnaby, B.C. didn't quite cut it.

ANYHOO... I made 150 golf themed cupcakes, each in their own cute little cupcake box, for a charity golf tournament that my very hardworking mom organized through her golf club! So far they have raised over $11,000 for a local neighborhood house here in Vancouver. Pretty cool. My sis Leanne made the cute tags. These crazy cupcakes drove me to the brink of insanity but of course it was well worth it because they turned out really cute! I even cut out and glued each little flag out of Origami paper, (though Rich helped me with a few!) while watching a rather sad movie: I've Loved You So Long. Man, Kristin Scott Thomas is a wonderful actress.

A terrible thing happened while I was trying to document the "making of" 150 golf themed cupcakes. My camera strap got stuck to a chair while I went to grab it, and the camera tumbled out of my hands onto our hardwood floor. So, I really really hope my camera can be fixed!!!

8 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

ha these look nice. I love Karate kid too :)

Jennywenny said...

Super cute. Glad they turned out well, I was eagerly anticipating them!

Sorry to hear about your camera :(

gyoza*girl said...

wow, what a post! karate kid moments, Lesters on Kingsway, mom's golf tourney success, a busted camera and amazing cute green grass topped cupcakes!!!! you rock lil sis. hyyyy-YAH! (karate chop). serious bummer about the cam. hopefully my connections will help you get a good replacement. oh and those lil white candies did the trick. you were right! FORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justin said...

so cute. and didn't EVERYONE love karate kid. I used to do that crane pose thing out in my backyard all the time.

cabin + cub said...

they are so cute.. perfect for father's day too! ;)

deyoungsters said...

I just found your blog... I think I have spent the better part of an hour looking at all of your adorable cupcakes! you are so talented... I love them all!

Fin-ish Me Cupcakes said...

These are soo cute lydnsey! I like the golf balls!

Coco Cake Land said...

thanks everyone!!! my wrist was like a dead fish after piping all of that green grass... :)