Friday, December 4, 2009

Tranformers Cake and Cupcakes for Matthew!


transformers cake for matthew!


I just love Matthew, Nathan and Ryan! They are the beautiful and hilariously active three little sons of our good family friends Jason and Susan. These days Matthew and Nathan are both obsessed with TRANSFORMERS! And for good reason... Transformers really are pretty cool! Even I was into Transformers when I was a kid!! Yes, I was a tomboy. I was the daughter who would go to car shows with my dad and smash spiders dead with my fist wearing brown corduoroy pants. I had Optimus Prime and I had this awesome one that was like a 1950s rockabilly turquoise Chevy with FLAMES on it. Oh wait, I think that was MASK.

Aren't Matthew and Nathan the CUTEST? Look at how excited they are-- and look at how lucky they are-- their parents decked out their nice living room head to toe in TRANSFORMERS! I love it! I made a dark chocolate cake filled with chocolate ganache, frosted in vanilla buttercream and covered and decorated in fondant. The cupcakes were also chocolate, with red and blue "Optimus Prime" colours! I also made it look like the grey Transformers logo guy was saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I thought the paper I chose looked very "Max Headroom!"

Happy Birthday dear Matthew! Hope you had a super fun birthday!!

6 comments:

apparentlyjessy said...

My 17 year old sister would go ape for this cake, she is obsessed with Transformers. For her B'day she was given a school bag that says "Optimus Prime says stay in School"
Hilarious!!

Coco Cake Land said...

hah that is awesome jessy!! i remember Mr.T would always say that... :)

Rich Trawick said...

"Transformers
Baking Cakes and Pies"

Coco Cake Land said...

LOL Rich T...

louweezwee said...

I love the deep red ones. How do you get such an intense colour? mine always look more pink than red :(

Coco Cake Land said...

hi louweezwee! i use gel food colouring which is much more potent than your typical water-based food colour. you can find gel food colour at specialty cake stores or craft superstores!

thanks!