Monday, May 17, 2010

Gone Fishin'










Sweet Cynthia phoned me about a month ago with a hilarious request: make a giant, "80's tight and bright" themed fish made out of cupcakes for her boyfriend's 30th birthday 80's themed bash. Let me tell ya, Cynthia and her crew know how to party-- Cynthia rented out a little bar in North Vancouver and ordered not only the fish cupcakes cake (from here on to be known as FishMan) but also matching clownfish cupcakes in the adorable "Nemo" style.

Coco Cake had yet to make a FishMan, and even though I was already swamped over that particular weekend with orders, I just couldn't say no to FishMan. FishMan ended up being pretty big-- RichMan and I delivered FishMan to his final destination, where FishMan no doubt partied it up with the rest of the 80s party-goers dancing to the live band and drinking... like a Fish.

10 comments:

faithy said...

such cute cupcakes!! love the bright colors!

Coco Cake Land said...

aww thanks faithy!! :)

cookies and cups said...

The swirls are gorgeous!

SweetThingsTO said...

So creative - such a happy cake! Love it!

I BLEED PINK said...

The cuteness you create, never seizes to amaze me. What I love the most is not matter what you make, you can always see CoCo Cake style in it. Love it!!

learp17 said...

Lyndsay, which size star tip do you use for frosting cupcakes?

These look awesome as always!

Coco Cake Land said...

thanks cookies and cups!!

thanks so much juanita! :)

thank you kindly for your sweet comment I Bleed Pink!!! :)

learp17, it's a 1M open star tip. thank you!

xo lyndsay

Anne Cutajar said...

you're fantastic!!!

i think im going to make a caterpillar cake for my boyfriend's 20th.. probably not appropriate for his age, but...

love your cakes! too bad i dont live in vancouver :(

Hannah Haworth said...

fishy wishy! they look so yummy and fun too!

Coco Cake Land said...

thanks anne! have fun with the caterpillar!

thanks hannah! :)