Friday, January 30, 2009

May The Good Life Be With You!










When I received a call to make a beautiful cupcake display for a retirement tea party, I could tell from the start that this was a very special person who was retiring. A theme of turquoise, silver and grey was requested, and with that in mind, the excitement for Coco Cake began! For the custom stand, I used lacy doilies, some lovely ornate paper in the theme colors from Granville Island's Paper-Ya, and a very pretty fancy ribbon in a light turquoise (Martha Stewart brand! I can't help it, her stuff is soooo cute!). The cupcakes were in three flavours: Lemon Love, Coco Chocolate and Coconut Vanilla Buttercream! 200 cupcakes in all, a mixture of regular and mini sized! It was a marathon baking session for Coco Cake's sole proprietor and baker L.K. Sung. I had lots of fun decorating-- the mini coconuts with the light turquoise buttercream looks like little hats sprinkled with shredded coconut snow!

I had my wonderful friend Sharon, (also the name of the woman retiring!) a budding and very talented vegan chef and caterer, help me set up, and the amazing Savoury City were our co-horts in tea party-ness, providing their delicious gourmet platters and wonderful service to the party.

To Sharon the retiree, I hope you enjoy the wonderful future ahead-- may there be lots of fun and relaxation! We had lots of fun being a part of your celebration!

xo


3 comments:

gyoza*girl said...

ooooh, your cupcakes and display look amazingly lovely! if i ever have a retirement party i hope it has treats as awesome as those.

Coco Cake Land said...

thanks sistah!!! i worked hard on this and i am sooo happy with how it turned out! so much fun!

Ariana Moraes said...

Hello, I love your work, congratulations. I'm starting to make cupcakes, I play all I ask.
I wonder if I can use some of his photos to post on my site? so I could reach a greater audience. I am the state of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
I also want to take a course there in Canada, you offer courses cupcake?
My email contact is amr.ariana @ gmail.com