Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Everything's Coming Up Roses









Vancouver people: do you know Sunrise Pizza? It's on Commercial Drive, close to Venables? It's one of those ancient Vancouver establishments that was maybe renovated in the 1980s, has strings of old Christmas lights and weird knick knacks up on the wall (two giant red boiled lobsters anyone?) and has AWESOME deepish-dish pizza loaded rather heavily with salty, melted cheese, an extensive cocktail menu of hilarious and refreshing ice-cubed drinks served in glass CARAFES, Greek salad with kalamata olives that comes with buttery and crunchy garlic toast on the side in a little basket, and glasses of soda on the menu for $1.25. Pretty sure I saw a Chinese man working the pizza oven. Big-ups, my brother!

Meghan and Sarah, the beautiful twins, had their birthday party at Sunrise last evening, and Meghan's cool dude BF Jason secretly ordered two dozen super special Coco Cake cupcakes for the occasion!

So I've been taking this super fun cake decorating class to try and kick up my skills sky-high at the Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts and I recently FINALLY learned the technique of buttercream roses! For like an entire year I tried studying youtube videos and decorating books to try and figure out this elusive petal-ed creature of decorative beauty. Now that I learned... I was so thrilled to finally put the skill to the cupcake!

Meghan and Sarah's excitement over the cupcakes made me soooo happy! Happy Birthday Meghan and Sarah, you cuties you! Hope you both have an amazing super special year!

Additional pics by Jason!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you again Lyndsay!!!! You made my one birthday wish come true, they were the best cupcakes ever! Also I just saw your catapillar on craftzine.com!!! Your my hero!!!! here is a link http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2009/03/hungry_caterpillar_cupcake_tra.html

Unknown said...

that was from me meggers

Coco Cake Land said...

heehee! i read that first one and i thought, wow, jason uses a lot of exclamation points, just like me!!! yay... i'm happy you're happy meghan...! :)
xo

missyhelly said...

I want cupcakes!

Fin-ish Me Cupcakes said...

Soo pretty..buttercream roses takes alot of patience and good technique to get right bravo!

Mich said...

Thank you Lindsay! Believe me, if I feel blue about a lot of stuffs I simply go to your blog and watch these lovely creation of yours! Thanks for taking time in posting them.

Anonymous said...

The cupcakes look so yummy!!! I'm looking for a good buttercream recipe, any suggestion? You can comment back or email me at; uptownbabes@gmail.com ..Thanks