Thursday, March 31, 2011

Plex The Robot: Yo Gabba Gabba Cake!




Plex the robot cake from Yo Gabba Gabba! This guy was dark chocolate with vanilla buttercream, covered and decorated in fondant. I really can't wait to make more of the Yo Gabba Gabba characters in cake form in the future... 'specially the super hairy green stripey guy! You really learn a lot about modern kid's television and pop culture being in the cake biz. People are always asking you for things you haven't yet heard of. Of course kids these days wouldn't know about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, He-man and Pound Puppies, would they!??

My fave cutie modern kids books and TV shows include all of the Meomi characters, the Oliver Jeffers books that my cute little 3 year old nephew Brody so loves, and I get a kick out of Ni Hao Kai Lan -- though her voice is slightly annoying (sorry, it's true), the characters are SO CUTE! And they would make really cute cakes!!! Do I love Ni Hao Kai Lan because I myself am Chinese?? Quite possibly... but I think it's so cute to think of a little kid living in middle America somewhere who knows how to say "How are you" in Mandarin because of this show... ^__^

6 comments:

Allison said...

Yo Gabba Gabba!! So cute!

kim said...

awesome! plex makes such a wonderful cake! I like the guy with one eye personally, but super hairy green stripey is my second favourite!

Coco Cake Land said...

thanks allison!! ^__^

hi kim! thanks so much! the characters on that show seem pretty darn cute and all would make great cakes!

Katie Yoon said...

This cake is super cute! I've never heard about yo gabba gabba(?), but you made an awesome cake again^^

By the way, I am from Vancouver, BC, too! All my families are still in Vancouver. I hope I can taste your beautiful cupcakes next time I visit Vancouver.

Thank you, Lyndsay!

Kurt said...

My son loves Yo Gabba Gabba, and I'm sure he will love your cake!

1 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

You Are My Fave said...

Whenever I babysit I try to get the kids to watch Yo Gabba Gabba instead of something like Dora. It rarely works but this cake is awesome.